Join the discussion on how we can still get a fair deal for the next 50 years. In March 2021, FERC approved Exelon’s Conowingo Dam relicensing for the next 50 years. This license includes the extremely flawed 2019 settlement agreement between the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) and Exelon. Bay state taxpayers are now left with the responsibility of paying for the dam cleanup instead of requiring Exelon to pay its fair share. But it’s not over. There are solutions to holding MDE and Exelon accountable. You should not have to pay the bill for the dam cleanup because Exelon was able to walk away.
The discussion will be moderated by Marc Steiner and include community advocates, energy and legal experts, impacted businesses, and lawmakers. Panelists include:
- > Congressman Jamie Raskin (MD-8)
- > Betsy Nicholas, Executive Director, Waterkeepers Chesapeake
- > Ted Evgeniadis, Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper
- > Jeff Corbin, Senior VP for Water Quality Markets & Mitigation, Restoration Systems
- > Arjun Makhijani, President, Institute for Energy & Environmental Research
Event hosted by Waterkeepers Chesapeake, Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper, Sassafras Riverkeeper, and Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility
Thank you to our sponsors!