Waterkeepers Chesapeake (WKC) seeks a Legal & Policy Manager, reporting to the Executive Director. The Legal & Policy Manager will contribute to Waterkeepers Chesapeake’s legal and policy presence and effectiveness in the Chesapeake and Coastal Bays watersheds. As part of the policy and legal team, the Legal & Policy Manager will advance Waterkeepers Chesapeake’s legal and policy goals of fishable, swimmable waterways, and clean drinking water through legal actions, advocacy and legislation. WKC is looking for a qualified environmental lawyer and/or policy analyst with a strong commitment to the environment and a strong academic and experiential-learning record. The position requires some travel throughout the Chesapeake region, and a commitment to attend meetings and appointments that may be outside of normal business hours. Waterkeepers Chesapeake is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
All candidates must:
- Have a strong commitment to Waterkeepers Chesapeake’s mission and goals and possess a general familiarity with non-profit environmental organizations;
- Demonstrate familiarity with federal and state administrative and environmental policy;
- Have at least 3-6 years of relevant policy and/or legal experience;
- Have excellent writing, research and communication skills;
- Be energetic, creative, well organized, independent, hard-working, personable, and have a sense of humor;
- Be able to maintain a flexible work schedule, work independently, be willing to work some evenings, and travel throughout the Chesapeake region for meetings;
- Masters degree, law degree, or other equivalent education or experience.
Read full job description and details on how to apply: WKC Legal & Policy Manager